Posted on October 26 2016
So Halloween is fast approaching, and what better way to enjoy the spooky occasion then to make some fang-tastic JBC jelly!
The recipe is extremely simple, and although I’ve made the jelly with JBC’s BCAA Amino Pro 2.0 and Unleash The Beast, there’s no reason why you can’t use your own favourite (water based!) USN product.
Let’s get started:
- Begin with adding the normal serving size of your chosen product to the correct amount of boiling water – I used a glass measuring jug for this. Once this has been stirred with a fork, you can then add the jelly mix (along with the correct amount of boiling water for the jelly). I used some sugar free jelly crystals which can be bought in any high street supermarket! Stir until the mix is fully dissolved.
- That’s the easy part done – the mix can just be cooled as normal in the fridge, and a few hours later you have your epic tasting JBC jelly! But, if you want to impress your fellow fitness friends this Halloween, let’s turn up the stakes (!) and add a big helping of Halloween magic to proceedings.
- Jelly worms – for this we’ll need some drinking straws – the thickness of a pencil would be ideal; and even better if they are the kind that have the directional twist near the end (to give the ultimate worm effect!).
- Submerge the straws in some of the jelly mix (in a different container – I used a tupperware box) and ensure the mix flows through the entirety of the straw. Otherwise our worms won’t stay intact! Once this is done, place something on top of the straws to prevent them from bobbing to the surface – I found a fork works well.
- Put the container in the fridge and once the jelly is set, you can literally squeeze the worms out of the straws when they’re set!