Posted on May 13 2017
Where to start your fitness journey?
Ahead of BodyPower UK this weekend we have asked JBC Sponsored athletes Emma Harvard & Claire Gibbs for their advice for anyone looking to get into shape or even dreaming of competing one day. Both Emma & Claire will be competing this weekend and to celebrate we will have some great deals in store & online.
A little about Emma & Claire
Emma: I'm 38 years of age. 2016 first time competition. I have been in the health and fitness industry for 10 years plus, weight lifting 3 years. I've competed twice last year and came 5th in the PCA British finals. I will be competing at Bodypower this weekend and then the Welsh qualifiers.
Claire: I am 37 years old and a mum of 5. I have always been into fitness but after gaining weight last year made a decision to eat clean and train hard losing over 3st. I competed in PCA union cup in November 2016 and came 2nd so been invited to the finals in June 2017. I have just won Miss Athletic Figure at Nabba and looking forward to competing at Bodypower this weekend which will allow me to practise for the finals. After my 2017 competitions I hope to continue my journey and have a good off season to make good gains ready for my next season.
Emma tells us “the first bit of advice I would give to any one starting a fitness/lifestyle journey is to be as consistent as you most possibly can be.. this isn't a quick fix and ultimately a lifestyle, results and goals will be achieved and maintained through hard work and perseverance.”
Emma’s Top Tips:
- Good plan diet/training (and stick to it)
- Stay consistent
- Set goals
- Set up weekly rewards
- Tell family and friends what you are doing
- Educate yourself on healthy eating and exercise benefits
- Take advice and use supplements to help achieve your goals.. ask a jbc athlete for advice!
- Make lists and stay organised
- Make your training part of your everyday routine
- Get up earlier to prepare your food for the day
- Enjoy what you do.. Embrace the changes.. Enjoy your new found confidence.
Claire’s Top Tips:
- Plan and prep meals in advance
- Eat clean all week and have a decent cheat meal and some treats once a week
- Find a suitable training partner (Emma)
- Plan your training plans ahead
- Use supplements wisely (JBC)
- Consistency is key
- Get into a good routine with training, food, family/work
- Always keep calm and think positive......set yourself suitable goals and when you achieve your goals be super proud.